The Town of Banff has launched a program to encourage property owners to install solar photovoltaic systems that produce renewable electricity. The incentive program is funded from the environmental reserve. Property owners that are eligible to participate in the program install a solar system and then receive production-based top-up payments. The program aims to reduce the simple pay-back for installed solar systems to seven years.
- Successful project applicants will qualify for a seven-year incentive agreement with the Town of Banff, paid quarterly based on solar system production
- The program has capacity limits. If necessary, incentive recipients will be selected by lottery
- All projects must meet development, building and electrical safety code requirements. Minimum installation requirements are a 2-kW solar electric system
- The Solar Incentive is available for both residential and commercial properties
- Only one application will be allowed per individual property