This stream empowers non-profit organizations to reimagine their practice, explore new operating models and strengthen their digital infrastructure.
- The maximum funding request is $75,000.
- Funding is approved on a matching basis. The applicant must contribute 50% of a match to the amount being requested for project expenses.
The Adapt and Innovate Stream support projects that enable nonprofit organizations to reimagine their organization’s business model in order to resume in-person, live experience opportunities. Projects will support adaptability, organizational development, and the implementation of new business or event models. They can also focus on strengthening digital infrastructure, accessing the appropriate software, or making content accessible to diverse and underrepresented audiences.
Eligible non-profit organizations include those that:
- are the primary organizer of arts, culture and festival events, including those in the performing, visual, literary, and film and video arts, which are open and available to the public
- are the primary organizer of rodeo and sport events whose performances and programming are open and available to the public
- own or operate a live experience venue, such as sport and arts venues, community halls, agricultural society’s venues, dedicated cultural centres, and so on
Organizations may use funds for expenses related to projects such as:
- Business and practice development – Applicants will need to clearly outline the expenses associated with their unique projects in their application package. Some examples of eligible expenses include, but are not limited to:
- costs for research and development;
- consulting fees;
- staff professional development;
- costs of audience and market development;
- costs for building organizational capacity;
- costs for planning health and safety improvements; and/or
- costs for implementation.
- Digital capacity – expenses to strengthen digital infrastructure, accessing the appropriate software, or making content accessible to diverse and underrepresented audiences. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- new digital initiatives that transform how the organization operates in a digital ecosystem in order to enhance their live experiences (safe in-person events or online offerings);
- blended (simultaneous online and in-person) performances/events;
- digital business analysis;
- implementing new volunteer management software; or
- implementing technology systems for online bookings, virtual queuing, reserved seating.
Deadline DateJanuary 31, 2023, or no later than 60 days from the completion of the project.
Contact Name: Stabilize Program
Phone Number: 780-422-9598 or 1-800-642-3855 (toll-free)
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org; LFP.email@example.com