ValueFunding is up to 25 per cent of eligible expenses based on their two most recent board-approved/audited financial statements up to and including March 31, 2020.
The Stabilize Program provides one-time funding support to rodeos, sports, arts and other venue-based organizations. Funding will enable organizations to maintain their operations to support the live experience sector in Alberta.
The funding is for:
- an established Alberta-based professional team or non-profit elite amateur league or team with an Alberta-based majority ownership (51% or more) such as the Alberta Junior Hockey League (AJHL) or Western Hockey League (WHL) teams (NHL teams are not eligible)
- elite amateur sport league or teams that provides live spectator experiences with gate revenues, which include season ticket holders, and leads to a professional league in Alberta
- non-profit organizations that are the primary organizers of an annual Alberta-based rodeo
- non-profit art organizations that own and/or operate performing and presenting arts venues
To be eligible, organizations must be registered for a minimum of 3 calendar years (and in good standing) under one of the acts below. The exception to this is for Alberta-based professional or elite amateur sports teams and leagues. Eligible Alberta-based professional or elite amateur sports teams such as Alberta Junior Hockey League (AJHL) teams and Western Hockey League (WHL) teams
- professional and elite amateur teams located in Alberta
- for-profit organizations must be 51% owned by Alberta resident(s)
- elite amateur leagues must be provincial in scope
- leagues that cross provincial or national boundaries are not eligible
- Professional and elite amateur sports teams and leagues may use funds for costs associated with delivering in-person sports events.
- Primary organizers of rodeos may use funds for costs associated with delivering in-person rodeo events.
- Nonprofit organizations that own and/or operate presenting and performing arts venues may use funds for ongoing operational costs such as rent, utilities, insurance, equip
Deadline DateFebruary 18, 2021
Contact Name: Community Grants office
Phone Number: 780-422-9598 or 1-800-642-3855 (toll-free)
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org; LFP.email@example.com