ValueAn average contribution of $2 million to $4 million, with funds disbursed over the life of the project up to a five-year period.
Through one fund, SDTC supports entrepreneurs as their needs evolve from seed through to successful commercialization. SDTC acts as a catalyst, establishing a growing pipeline of emerging companies that will become the next market leaders in sustainability.
- A Canadian company with a defined project
- A strong end-user value proposition
- The potential to attract a consortia partner to validate the market need and
- Demonstrated environmental and economic benefits for Canadians
Eligible Project Costs
- SDTC funds, on average 33% (up to 40%) of eligible project costs for any given project.
SDTC provides funding to promising sustainable technology development and demonstration projects that are start-ups or scale-ups. For instance, when the technology itself is beyond proof-of-concept but is pre-commercial. The technology must demonstrate the potential for GHG emissions reductions, reductions in water consumption and/or the reduction of water, soil or air contamination. The project must include some further development of the technology, mitigate existing technology risk and include validation of the economic viability of the technology.
Contact Name: Sustainable Development Technology Canada
Phone Number: 613-234-6313
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org