ValueUp to 75% of a student’s wages to $7,500
Student Work Placement Program provides wage funding for employers committed to cultivating the next generation of environmental professionals. Eco Canada will cover up to 75% of a student’s wages to $7,500 when employers hire the brightest minds in Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math (STEAM) and Business.
- Currently study at a university or college in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, Art or Math (STEAM) and Business
- You must be a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or have Refugee status.
- Students on a work permit or visa are not eligible.
- You must provide a paid work term in a STEAM role to be eligible for funding.
Eco Canada will be working closely with you to help students bridge the school-to-work transition. The team provides career support services to environmental students and professionals. As such you will receive in marketing the program and work placements.
- Funding is for paid work terms. Work terms can be full time or part time from 6 – 16 weeks.
- Students gain valuable on-the-job experience
- Employers increase future talent pool and resource availability
- Students and Employers are required to find their own co-op placement
- Three sessions per year: Winter (January-April), Summer (May-August), Fall (September-December)
- Applications open 3 months prior to start of co-op session
Additional funding may be available for employers who hire student from one of the following groups:
- Women in STEM
- Indigenous People
- Persons with Disabilities
- First-year Students
- Recent Immigrants (Permanent resident or refugee status)
Deadline DateApplications Now Open for Summer Placements.
Contact Name: ECO Canada
Phone Number: 403-233-0748 or 1-800-890-1924 (toll-free)