Value50% up to a maximum of $5,000 and 70% up to a maximum of $7,000 for first-year students and under-represented groups including: women in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM); indigenous students; persons with disabilities; members of a visible minority; and newcomers.
The Student Work Placement Program (SWPP) is an initiative to increase the job-readiness of students registered in STEM, healthcare, business, and all other programs at Canadian post-secondary institutions.
The program gives employers the freedom to:
- Gain access to funds to hire students
- Leverage a pool of workers eager to enhance their skills
- Develop new talent for future recruitment needs
Note: All participants receive free access to the new Essential and Technical Skills Fundamentals training programs.
To qualify for the program, either:
- the position needs to have a biotechnology or healthcare focus or
- the employer needs to have a biotechnology or healthcare focus.
Participant/ Student must be:
- Enrolled as a full-time or part-time student at a Canadian post-secondary education institution
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or persons to whom refugee protection has been conferred and legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
- Studying in fields related to science, technology, engineering, mathematics (STEM), business and/ or any other program
Please also see the Participant information page for participant eligibility.
Please note: international students are not eligible.
Wage subsidies are available to all employers who are creating a work-integrated learning opportunity and who meet the program criteria. Biotechnology or healthcare organizations can hire students from any post-secondary institutions across Canada through BioTalent Canada’s Student Work Placement Program.
Contact Name: Colleen
Phone Number: 1-866-243-2472, ext. 218
E-mail Address: email@example.com