ValueGrant: Up to 50% of eligible costs to a maximum of $175,000.
We fund feasibility studies of initiatives that target net zero energy performance in new municipal facilities. This funding helps Canadian cities and communities of all sizes use less energy, which reduces their greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and improves their air quality.
All Canadian municipal governments; Municipal partners applying in partnership with a municipal government.
Your feasibility study should assess the feasibility (e.g., technical, financial) of an initiative as well as its potential environmental, economic and social impacts.
Examples of what you might study:
A combination of these measures:
- Design and construction approaches
- Passive energy efficiency (e.g., directional orientation, natural features)
- Alternative building components and materials (e.g., insulation, walls, windows)
- Advanced automation and control systems
- Advanced heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems
- Harvesting energy from process loads or waste (e.g., sewer heat recovery)
- On-site renewable energy generation and storage (e.g., solar, wind, geothermal or geo-exchange systems)
- Other measures targeting net zero energy or carbon
Deadline DateApplications are accepted year round, though this offer will close when all funding has been allocated.
Contact Name: Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM):
Phone Number: 1-877-417-0550
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org