ValueGrant: Up to 50% of eligible costs to a maximum of $175,000.
We fund feasibility studies of initiatives that have the potential to bring a brownfield site back into economically productive use. This funding helps Canadian cities and communities of all sizes remediate their brownfield sites.
All Canadian municipal governments; Municipal partners applying in partnership with a municipal government.
FCM funds studies that demonstrate most of the following characteristics:
- Transformative potential: The study assesses the feasibility of implementing solutions (e.g., knowledge, practices, technologies) that are beyond business-as-usual. The study:
- is likely to result in a pilot or project that demonstrates significant performance improvements (e.g., improved levels of service, cost savings, energy efficiency, increased resiliency, environmental protection, improved human health)
- is audacious in that it requires a municipality to take on uncertainty over known best practices to achieve greater environmental benefits
- is designed to build the capacity of key stakeholders (e.g., municipal staff, elected officials, local trades)
- has a high likelihood of being replicated if successful
- Significant impacts: The study assesses solutions that have the potential to generate significant measurable environmental results, as well as economic and social benefits.
- Strong implementation framework: The project plan is robust and includes appropriate stakeholder engagement, planning, risk management and resourcing.
Deadline DateApplications are accepted year round, though this offer will close when all funding has been allocated.
Contact Name: Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM)
Phone Number: 1-877-417-0550
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org