Supporting Black Canadian Communities Initiative (SBCCI) is a Federal government program created to build the capacity of Black-led grassroots and non-profit organizations that serve Black communities in Canada.
- A legal entity in Canada and Canadian communities.
- You are registered as a non-profit organization or a charitable organization.
- You are a Black-led organization with authorization to serve Black Canadian communities. There are some criteria that these Black-led organizations should meet that are:
- The leadership positions (Directors, Founders) are primarily occupied by people who self-identify as Black (minimum ⅔).
- The governance structure is primarily composed of people who self-identify as Black (minimum ⅔)
- This initiative is strictly for Black-led organizations with a mandate to support Black communities.
- You require between $10,000-$45,000 for your capacity-building project.
- You desire to fund any of the eligible activities and charges.
- Travel costs
- Data collection
- Fees for professional services (excluding wages and salaries).
- Printing & communications
- Performance monitoring & reporting
- Materials & Supplies
- Knowledge development activities
- Rental of premises for the project
- Other associated administrative costs
- Disability supports for executing project
- Small office equipment & tools
Contact Name: Africa Centre
Phone Number: 780.455.5423
E-mail Address: email@example.com