ATB knows that time to reflect, plan and strategize is very important if non-profit organizations are to develop innovative, long term strategies in tandem with the very busy day-to-day work of meeting their missions. The goal of the ATB Time to Think grant is to give the staff, board and members of non-profits in Alberta time to build skills or develop strategies that will help their organizations to change and improve.
- Applicants must be non-profit organizations, charitable organizations (including social enterprises operated by a charity or a non-profit organization) or collectives. If you are applying as a collective, the application must come from the lead agency. The lead agency must be a non-profit or charitable organization
- Organizations must be Alberta based and must benefit Albertans
- Organizations and projects must demonstrate compliance with relevant laws and regulations, fair and ethical treatment of employees and customers
- Organization must be in good financial standing
- Organizations, or the lead organization of a collaborative, must have a clear governance structure (please provide a list of your board of directors)
- ATB must be able to support the organization by providing a grant for capacity building in the areas of Social Innovation or Business Development
- Organization must be able to demonstrate need and show how a capacity building grant will impact the work of the organization, collective or social enterprise
- All grant recipients agree to ATB Financial sharing their story with the media
- All grant recipients must be willing to complete a short midterm and final report including an assessment of whether goals were met or not
- Supports developing and, where possible, executing a plan, strategy or training opportunity
- May be used to assist your whole organization or collaborative or it can be targeted to a specific project or social enterprise
Deadline DateCurrently closed. Future deadline January 2018.
Contact Name: ATB Financial
Phone Number: 1-800-332-8383