ValueDestination Development Support will fund up to $75,000 of eligible project costs. Applicants must contribute 25% of the total project cost. For projects with costs greater than $100,000, the applicant must cover the remaining balance. Product Development Support will fund up to $75,000 of eligible project costs. Applicants must match funding. For projects with costs greater than $150,000, the applicant must cover the remaining balance.
Funding for non-profit organizations and communities to explore destination development opportunities and build new tourism experiences.
The Tourism Growth Innovation Fund (TGIF) is a project-based grant program that aims to support economic growth and improve quality of life in communities across Alberta.
TGIF has 2 streams:
- Destination Development Support
- Product Development Support
The Destination Development Support stream helps tourism organizations and Alberta municipalities create new tourism products and destination development opportunities through research-based studies, surveys and plans.
The Product Development Support stream helps non-profit tourism attraction operators who want to develop projects that grow tourism experiences within Alberta.
Both streams commit to principles of:
- research-based decision-making
- tourism innovation and excellence
- incorporated non-profit organizations, associations, and societies whose mandate/function includes tourism development
- Métis Settlements
- First Nations
- partnerships between 2 or more combinations of the above entities
The following can apply for the Product Development Support stream:
- non-profit operators of tourism attractions that have been in operation for 3 years or more.
Destination Development Support projects include (but are not limited to) the development of strategic and other planning documents such as:
- tourism opportunity assessments and product feasibility studies
- tourism gap analyses
- destination management plans
- community/regional brand development
- community/regional Visitor Friendly assessments and surveys
Product Development Support projects include:
- development or enhancement of tourism experiences or programming
- expansion into complementary tourism products or niches that can enhance an attraction’s appeal to visitors
Deadline DateCurrently closed. Future deadline to be determined.
E-mail Address: email@example.com