ValueEligible capital expenses shall be cost-shared at 25% grant and 75% applicant. Eligible non-capital expenses shall be cost-shared at 50% grant and 50% applicant up to a maximum total amount of $50,000. The $50,000 maximum includes a $5,000 maximum for travel expenses.
The Sustainable Canadian Agricultural Partnership Value-Added Program supports the diversification and growth of Alberta’s value-added food and bio-industrial processors through investment in projects that increase company sales and production capacity, expand market opportunities and create jobs in Alberta.
The program has 2 streams:
- Value-Added Stream A: (maximum grant $50,000) applications are assessed based on eligibility criteria
- Value-Added Stream B: (grant over $50,000 to maximum grant $250,000) applications are assessed based on eligibility criteria and merit scoring
To be eligible, an applicant must be:
- a bio-industrial processor or food processor that is in the business of changing an agricultural product into a value-added product
- an individual or a corporation registered in Alberta that is operating in Alberta, or that can establish to the satisfaction of the minister that it will operate in Alberta
For the purposes of Stream B, an applicant must also have $100,000 or greater in global annual gross sales at the time of application.
Applicants can apply for activities under one or more of these funding categories:
- processing capacity expansion
- food safety improvement
- new product and process development
- market development and access