ValueEligible expenses will be cost-shared at 25% grant and 75% applicant, except for special incentives at 50% grant and 50% applicant. Maximum up to $25,000 per fiscal year of the program for each stream.
The Water Program assists primary producers in enhancing agricultural water management for continued growth and long-term success of the agriculture industry. There are two streams under the Water Program: 1) on-farm irrigation projects, and 2) on-farm water supply projects. Applications will be divided into the two streams based on the activities included in the Application.
To be eligible for on-farm irrigation projects under the Program, an applicant must be a primary producer that:
- is responsible for input costs or agricultural crops or livestock producing at least $25,000 worth of farm commodities annually, but does not include a landlord whose only interest in the crop or livestock is that of ownership of the land;
- owns an irrigated agricultural operation in Alberta; and
- has not been previously approved for payment from the former CAP Irrigation Efficiency Program and current Water Program for the Parcel described in the Application.
To be eligible for on-farm water supply projects under the Program, an applicant must be a primary producer that is:
- responsible for input costs or agricultural crops or livestock producing at least $10,000 worth of farm commodities annually, but does not include a landlord whose only interest in the crop or livestock is that of ownership of the land; and
- liable to pay Alberta income tax or corporate tax (or claim losses) on income from the production of farm commodities under the Income Tax Act (Canada) or the Alberta Corporate Tax Act.
- For a cost to be eligible for funding under the Program, it must satisfy the following requirements. The cost must be:
a) identified in the Program Funding List for a Project the Applicant completed, or be directly attributable to such a Project, in the Minister’s sole discretion and
b) incurred by the Applicant after the beginning of the Program Term, or be identified in a Long-Term Water Management Plan approved by a Water Specialist and constructed and costs incurred after the approval date on the plan and after April 1, 2018.
- In incurring Eligible Costs, the Applicant must follow a process that is transparent, fair, and promotes the best value for the money expended. Eligible Costs incurred by the Applicant must be at competitive prices that are no greater than fair market value.
- If the Minister, in his sole discretion, considers the amount of any Eligible Cost claimed by the Applicant to be unreasonable, the Minister may adjust the amount of that Eligible Cost to an amount the Minister considers reasonable.
- The determination of whether an expense incurred by the Applicant constitutes an Eligible Cost that is eligible for reimbursement is at the sole discretion of the Minister.
Deadline DateIntake continuous when program accepting applications July 5, 2021
Phone Number: 310-FARM (3276)
E-mail Address: AF.IrrigationEfficiency@gov.ab.ca or FarmWaterSupply@gov.ab.ca