Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD) makes strategic investments in key economic sectors and also supports the development of leading industry geographic clusters through its Business Scale-up and Productivity (BSP) program.
BSP supports high-growth businesses that are scaling up and producing innovative goods, services or technologies. It offers interest free repayable funding to incorporated businesses.
Please note that the Business Scale-up and Productivity program expression of interest intake closed on April 14, 2021, 2:00 pm MDT.
For information on other available business support, please visit Innovation Canada.
- high-growth business that is scaling up and producing innovative goods, services or technologies
- incorporated to do business in Canada
- have been in business for at least 2 years in Canada
- have staffed operating facilities in Western Canada (defined as British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan or Manitoba)
- have confirmed, at the time of expression of interest submission, funding from all other sources, including government and non-government (non-government funding must represent at least 50% of the proposed project costs)
Eligible projects will focus on accelerating and supporting business growth through one or more of the following activities:
- Productivity Improvement: includes acquiring, adapting, and adopting new technologies and processes; process re-engineering; improving manufacturing capacity.
- Business Scale-up: includes market development or expansion, adopting best management practices, processes and systems; business opportunity development.
- Technology Commercialization: includes late stage product development to grow and diversify markets, as well as technology showcasing and technology demonstration.