ValueApplicants can apply for a maximum of 50% assistance to the lessor of 10% of their gross commodity income, or $15,000 per year for all projects listed within this program. For example, a farm with gross apple sales of $150,000 would be eligible for a maximum of $15,000 per year.
The Wildlife Damage Mitigation program improves industry competitiveness and resilience by helping farms protect crop and livestock from wildlife damage.
A Nova Scotia farmer that:
- is currently registered in the correct income category under the Farm Registration Act
- has generated an annual eligible gross commodity income of $30,000
- is at least 19 years old
- Perimeter Permanent Fencing (requires a field design)
- Portable Fencing
- Mechanical Deterrent Devices
- Livestock Guard Animals (max funding up to $1500.00/farm for the life of the program)
- Guard Dog Animal Training (max funding $1500.00/guard dog)
Deadline DateOctober 31, 2020
Contact Name: Agriculture – Programs and Business Risk Management Division
Phone Number: 902 893-6377
E-mail Address: email@example.com