Valueprovides 75% of the student’s salary, up to $7,500.
ICTC’s WIL Digital is an innovative Work Integrated Learning program that helps employers grow their businesses by providing wage subsidies for hiring post-secondary students.
WIL Digital provides 75% of the student’s salary, up to $7,500.
Below are the employer eligibility requirements to qualify for wage subsidy:
- Must be a registered, Canadian business or non-profit.
- Post-Secondary Institutions will be eligible to apply to the WIL Digital program as employers as of June 1st, 2021 as a flexibility measure to help cope with the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The student must be hired as an employee of the company and not as contractor or an independent contractor.
- Must have the financial capacity to hire a student for the full work term, pay them consistently and provide a meaningful work experience.
- The position is digital/technology immersive and uses technology either entirely or in some capacity.
- Must be compliant with Human Rights and Labor legislation, regulation and laws in your province or region.
- Maintain and provide records of employment, proof of wages paid and reports when requested by ICTC or the Government of Canada.
- Where legally required, the employer is responsible for Workplace Safety and Insurance or alternate workplace insurance coverage.
- The student is not replacing a displaced worker or filling a role left vacant due to a labour dispute.
- The application for funding must have started with ICTC before the student placement start date.