The Youth Take Charge Program aims to strengthen youth attachment to Canada through engagement. The program is designed is for the youth to be engage in communities and to be aware of the importance of being an active and engaged citizen.
To be eligible for funding, your organization must be:
- a Canadian registered not-for-profit organization;
- a Canadian registered charitable group; or
- an Indigenous representative organization.
In addition, your organization must:
- have a minimum of three years of experience in serving youth on a significant national or provincial/territorial scale. This engagement is defined by a number of factors, such as:
- geographic reach: your organization’s activities reach beyond your immediate regional community;
- demographic impact: your organization directly engages a significant number of youth on an annual basis;
- have adequate security and safety policies and procedures in place demonstrating the nature and length of your experience in delivering youth programs.
We will only fund project-related expenses, which can be of cash and in-kind value; these may include:
- promotion and communication;
- youth participant training;
- volunteer support;
- travel, which must not exceed the rates permitted for travel on government business;
- hospitality fees;
- professional consultant fees directly related to project delivery;
- artists and performers;
- event / venues;
- special measures expenses related to accessibility for youth participants with disabilities; and
- administration expenses.
In-kind contributions are considered real contributions to the cost of the proposed project but are not reimbursable. Donated goods and services may be considered in-kind contributions if they:
- are essential to your project’s success;
- are eligible and would otherwise have to be purchased or paid for by you;
- can be measured at fair market value (i.e. in relation to similar goods and services); and
- are balanced by an equal revenue in your budget (i.e. total in-kind expenses equal total in-kind revenues).
Deadline DatePlease click the link indicated below for deadline date details.
Contact Name: Department of Canadian Heritage
Phone Number: 1-866-811-0055 (toll-free)
E-mail Address: PCH.lesjeunessengagent-youthtakecharge.PCH @canada.ca