Value: Up to 40% of a project’s eligible infrastructure costs. Total project costs must be greater than $750,000.
We are challenging institutions to propose transformative infrastructure projects that will underpin cutting-edge, globally competitive research. Institutions should continue to be guided by their strategic research plans and establish priorities that build on their distinct advantages. We will support initiatives that allow institutions and their researchers to build on established capabilities to accelerate current research and technology development or to enhance emerging strategic priority areas.
The objectives of the 2017 Innovation Fund are to enable institutions and their best researchers to:
- Strive for global leadership by conducting world-class research or technology development activities in areas of strategic institutional priority
- Enhance research capacity by forging productive partnerships within and among institutions, sectors and disciplines for the effective and sustainable use of the research infrastructure and facilities
- Generate social, health, environmental and/or economic benefits for Canadians, including better training and improved skills for highly qualified personnel, through appropriate pathways
- Canadian universities and colleges
- Research hospitals
- Non-profit research institutions
An eligible project involves the acquisition or development of research infrastructure to increase research capacity, allowing the pursuit of world-class research. Construction costs to build new space or to renovate existing space (including fitting out existing space) which is essential to house and use the infrastructure effectively, are eligible.
Deadline: Currently closed. Future deadline March 2018.
Contact: Canada Foundation for Innovation | 613-947-6496