Value: > $1,000,000
The 2014 New Building Canada Fund (NBCF) is one component within the overall $53-billion 2014 New Building Canada Plan (NBCP). The $10-billion Provincial-Territorial Infrastructure Component (PTIC) provides support for projects of national, local or regional significance. This includes the Small Communities Fund (PTIC–SCF) to provide $1 billion for projects in municipalities with fewer than 100,000 residents. The SCF can be used for infrastructure projects in the following categories: Highways and Major Roads; Public Transit; Disaster Mitigation; Connectivity and Broadband; Innovation; Wastewater; Green Energy; Drinking Water; Solid Waste Management; Brownfield Remediation and Redevelopment; Local and Regional Airport; Short line Rail; and Short Sea Shipping.
- Communities with a population of fewer than 100,000
- A municipal or regional government established by or under provincial or territorial statute
- A provincial or territorial entity (e.g., a department, corporation or agency) that provides municipal-type infrastructure services to communities, as defined in provincial or territorial statute
- A band council within the meaning of section 2 of the Indian Act; or a government or authority established pursuant to a Self-Government Agreement or a Comprehensive Land Claim Agreement between Her Majesty the Queen in right of Canada and an Aboriginal people of Canada
- A public-sector body that is established by or under provincial or territorial statute or by regulation or is wholly owned by a province, territory, municipal or regional government which provides municipal-type infrastructure services to communities
- A private sector body, including for-profit and not-for-profit organizations, whose application is supported by a municipal or regional government referred to above. Such support could take the form of a resolution from the municipal or regional government council
- A proposal for an on-reserve* project must demonstrate project benefits extending beyond the reserve community (this applies to the provinces, not the territories)
Deadline: Currently closed. Future deadline to be determined.
Contact: Infrastructure Canada | 1-877-250-7154 | email@example.com