Value: Maximum $250,000
The CIHR HIV/AIDS Research Initiative is responsible for the research components of the Federal Initiative to Address HIV/AIDS in Canada. The 2015-2020 HIV/AIDS Research Initiative Strategic Plan highlights “Enable discovery research” as one of three strategic directions. In support of this strategic direction, the goal of this funding opportunity is to foster a culture of innovation in Canada by supporting innovative or high-risk biomedical and clinical projects related to preventive and therapeutic vaccines with potential for transformative advances in the area of HIV/AIDS. It will also support the next generation of researchers by funding grant proposals from promising new investigators.
The Operating Grant: Innovative Biomedical and Clinical HIV Vaccine Research will support innovative or high-risk biomedical and clinical research directly relevant to the priority objectives of the CIHR HIV/AIDS Research Initiative.
The specific objectives of this funding opportunity are:
- Enable new and established investigators to undertake innovative biomedical and clinical HIV vaccine research projects in new areas of investigation or take previous discoveries in new directions
- Promote the development and testing of novel HIV vaccine research tools and methodologies
- Support high-risk HIV vaccine research projects with the potential for high impact, breakthrough and/or transformative advances
- The Nominated Principal Applicant (NPA) must be an independent researcher at an eligible institution (See Institutional Eligibility Requirements for eligibility process and associated timelines)
- To be eligible for funds under the New Investigator funding pool, the Nominated Principal Applicant must be within 5 years of their first independent academic appointment (in which they were actively engaged in research)
Grant funds must contribute towards the direct costs of the research for which the funds were awarded, and the benefits should be directly attributable to the grant.
Deadline: Currently closed. Future deadline to be determined.
Contact: CIHR Contact Centre | 1-888-603-4178 | firstname.lastname@example.org