Value: Maximum 25% of expenses.
Operational Funding grants are designed to provide limited operating assistance—up to 25 percent of an applicant’s eligible expenses—to museums, archives and other heritage organizations so that they can continue to research, preserve and interpret Edmonton’s heritage. When making funding decisions, we give preference to organizations who can show they are serving the heritage needs of the diversity of Edmontonians.
- The organization must be a non-profit society, registered in Alberta for at least one year
- The related activities of the organization must take place within the City of Edmonton
- The applicant must have submitted final reports for all previous grants and returned any unused funding from the Edmonton Heritage Council
- Organizations with dedicated heritage facilities must be open for at least 200 hours per calendar year
- Those without a dedicated facility must have ongoing public programming that promotes Edmonton’s heritage
- Rent, lease, or mortgage and utility costs
- Financial management
- Core staff salary and wages
- Professional development costs for board and staff
- Liability insurance
- Property maintenance, security, and cleaning
Office supplies Costs related to volunteer or donor retention, external communications, professional memberships, and program supplies are not eligible. The Operational Grant does not cover capital costs, including but not limited to the purchase of property, equipment, or artifacts.
Deadline: September 29, 2017
Contact: Miranda Jimmy | 780-429-0166 ext. 234 | email@example.com