The Other Initiatives Program supports projects that cannot be funded under other Community Grants. Support may also be provided to national and international projects, such as disaster relief initiatives.
- Non-profit organizations and registered charities
- A First Nation or Métis Settlement in Alberta
- Foundations established and regulated under Alberta’s Regional Health Authorities Act
- A University, college, or institute as defined under Alberta’s Post-Secondary Learning Act
OIP funding provides financial assistance for projects that fall outside the scope of other Community Grants funding streams and take place in Alberta. It is not a replacement or extension of other grant programs.
Eligible OIP projects may include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Project/events that are one time and that are not eligible under other Community Grants programs
- Support may also be provided to international disaster relief initiatives that are beyond the scope of the Community Initiatives Program International Development funding stream
- Projects that are emergency or urgent in nature
Contact: Edmonton Region – Kristine Telenko | 780-422-9574