This program supports initiatives that build industry communication capacity to increase public and consumers’ awareness and understanding of agriculture and the food production system.
One or more of the following activities related to public agriculture literacy is eligible for funding and may be included in an Application:
- planning, organizing and hosting agriculture literacy awareness summits, workshops and conferences;
- recruitment and training of agriculture industry spokesperson;
- development of resources such as videos, website, educational materials, displays, publication and other awareness and educational resources;
- development and implementation of strategic communication campaigns; and
- benchmarking studies or needs assessments.
Eligible applicants include:
An agricultural group registered under the Societies Act, such as an applied research/forage association
- A commodity group
- An incorporated not-for-profit organization*, or
- A recognized (as determined by the Minister) form of rural municipal government in Alberta, including a Municipal District (including a County and Hamlet), a Special Area, a Specialized Municipality or an Improvement District.*
*Please note that any non-agriculture industry groups require collaboration with and support from the agriculture industry.
Deadline: There will be at least 2 submission deadlines per year for this program.
- The first application submission deadline is estimatedto be Friday, September 28th for projects that will begin in the fall/winter of the 2018-19 fiscal year. **Please check this website regularly for submission deadline updates**
- The second application submission deadline is estimated to be Thursday, November 15thfor projects that will begin in the 2019-2020 fiscal year. **Please check this website regularly for submission deadline updates**
All applicants should be notified of the status of their application within six to eight weeks of the application submission deadline.