Value: Varies depending on program component.
The Strategic Transportation Infrastructure Program (STIP) provides financial assistance to rural and smaller urban municipalities for developing and maintaining key transportation infrastructure. STIP supports municipalities as they complete projects that improve accessibility and the movement of goods to market, increase opportunities for economic growth and enhance safety and efficiency while extending the life of key transportation infrastructure. STIP consists of four components, with funding allocations for 2017-18 broken down as follows:
- Community Airport Program, $2 million
- Local Road Bridge, $21 million
- Resource Road Program, $7 million
- Local Municipal Initiatives, $5 million
Alberta counties, towns, villages, summer villages, municipal districts, special areas, Métis Settlements, and specialized municipalities outside the defined urban service area.
- Development and construction of key local and regional roads, and local road bridges
- Rehabilitation and pavement overlays of the primary runway, main taxiway, and apron at community airports, as well as runway lighting
- Key outcomes for the program include improved accessibility and movement of goods and people, increased capacity of municipal transportation infrastructure to support economic growth and meet the public’s travel demands, improved safety and efficiency, and the extension of the service life of key transportation infrastructure
Deadline: Currently closed. Future deadline February 2018.
Contact: For more information contact your region.