Value: Up to 75% of the total cost of the project to a maximum of up to $7,000 to one organization from a single community. Partnerships may be awarded up to 75% of the total project costs of up to $16,000.
The Visitor Services Innovation Fund provides support to community-based visitor services providers across the province to enable the delivery of innovative and forward-thinking multi-channel visitor services. The purpose of this initiative is to encourage and support visitor services providers to expand outside of the traditional realm of information delivery by creating new and innovative approaches to engage more visitors by their preferred method of engagement.
All eligible applicants must:
- Be a legal entity
- Be a not-for-profit organization under Alberta’s Societies Act or Companies Act and have been in operation for at least two years
- Be a Chamber of Commerce formed pursuant to the Boards of Trade Act (Canada)
- Be able to demonstrate the organization is the official visitor service provider for a municipality or region
- Be able to demonstrate community, local government and industry support (e.g., letters of support, committee participation)
- Mobile Visitor Services
- Information Kiosks that provide visitor information outside of the visitor information centre (VIC) and is accessible 24 hours
- Support staff
- Technology (e.g., upgrading technology to improve visitor experience outside VIC, enhancing websites for mobile compatibility, purchase of iPads for use outside of the VIC, touch screens or digital kiosks
- Community Engagement (e.g., community/regional product knowledge sessions including organizing and hosting a familiarization tour of your community or region)
- Social Media
- Trip planning tools (e.g., providing touring route descriptions in other languages; fees related to the development of trip planning tools on websites)
- Accessibility (e.g., restroom accessibility enhancements/wheelchair ramps; Braille information services)
Deadline: Currently closed. Future deadline March 2018.
Contact: Jessie Chai | AVIP@gov.ab.ca