The Entrepreneurship Fund is a $20 million investment which aims to assist women entrepreneurs to grow their existing businesses and enable them to pursue opportunities in domestic and global markets. It will provide successful applicants up to $100,000 in non-repayable contribution funding for a 12 month project.
- A for-profit organization such as:
- An individual operating a business
- Social enterprises
- Incorporated companies, corporations or co-operatives, and
- An Indigenous organization
- A women-ownedand/or women-led business
- A small to medium enterprise (SME) – (less than 500 employees), and
- A business in operation for a minimum of 2 years
The project must focus on activities for business scale-up and/or pursuit of new market opportunities. Projects must be up to 12 months in length.
Eligible costs include, but are not limited to:
- Cost of labour
- Capital costs: purchase of machinery, equipment and infrastructure
- Operating costs: management fees or working capital
- Consultancy fees, Costs related to intellectual property
- Preproduction, Commercialization costs, Subcontracting costs
- Production and distribution of promotional materials and management tools
- Anticipated cost of maintaining the useful life of an asset for a reasonable period
- Production of management tools, and
- Other costs necessary to support the purpose of the funding, as approved by the Minister
- Deadline: November 15, 2018
Contact: email@example.com or at 1-800-328-6189.