Value: Funding maximums are up to $99,999 for Aboriginal individuals and incorporated businesses and up to $250,000 for community owned businesses.
ABED works with Aboriginal entrepreneurs, communities, and organizations to achieve their business goals by providing a range of services and support that promote the growth of a strong Aboriginal business sector. Support will vary depending upon the needs of the client, the availability and sources of funding, the eligibility of costs, the economic benefits, and the project viability.
- Clients must be individuals of Canadian Aboriginal heritage — Status or Non-status Indian (on or off-reserve), Métis or Inuit — or a majority-owned Aboriginal business, or an Aboriginal community and/or development corporation
- To be eligible for support, clients should also be involved full-time with the proposed business in a management capacity and must be able to provide some level of cash equity to support the project
- Business planning
- Establishment (capital) costs
- Business acquisitions
- Business expansions
- Marketing initiatives that are local, domestic, or export oriented
- New product or process development
- Adding technology to improve operations and competitiveness
- Operating costs in association with capital costs
- Financial services, business support, business-related training, and mentoring services
Deadline: Ongoing. Speak with regional Aboriginal Financial Institution (AFI) before applying.
Contact: Alberta Métis Development Inc. (AMDI) | 1-800-252-7963 | firstname.lastname@example.org