Value: 80% of eligible expenses to a maximum of $25,000 per fiscal year.
The Agri-Industry Workforce Development Initiative provides assistance to address specific workforce issues in agricultural production and agri-processing sectors. Financial assistance is provided to assist Alberta’s agri-business managers to:
- Reduce worker turnover
- Recruit workers outside of Alberta
- Assess and adopt technologies and processes which will increase worker productivity
The Workforce Productivity Improvement Grant provides assistance to agri-processing and agricultural production companies to assess and adopt new technologies and processes that improve worker productivity.
- Food Processor: means an entity that: (a) is active in the business of changing a raw agricultural commodity into a value-added product through physical, chemical, or thermal means, including packaging; (b) contracts to have product(s) processed and packaged on its behalf; or (c) operates a processing facility that is formally registered by federal or provincial inspection authorities, and which markets its products through wholesale distribution channels (eg. retail, foodservice) and does not sell exclusively through an on-premise or single company owned retail outlet
- Primary Producer: means a person responsible for the day-to-day management and work on the farm, including responsibility for input costs for agricultural crops or livestock producing at least $10,000 worth of farm commodities annually, but does not include a landlord whose only interest in the crop or livestock is that of ownership of the land
- Industry Organizations: means not for profit agencies, boards, commissions, associations or societies whose membership includes individuals or businesses in the agri-food industry
- Bio-Industrial Processor: means an entity that operates a facility in Alberta that manipulates and enhances the value of an agricultural product
- Expertise to identify and provide coaching on production process improvements
- Expertise to identify and provide coaching on environmental process improvements
Consulting fees paid to a third-party consultant to complete the eligible activities.
Contact: Gerard Bos | 780-980-4222 | email@example.com