The aim of the program is to provide for-profit small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) from the two partner jurisdictions with assistance in establishing global partnerships, as well as accessing funding to support strategic, industry-driven commercialization projects that involve novel and innovative products and materials. Alberta Innovates will also work with SMEs in matchmaking initiatives and engaging the Jalisco market. Both Alberta Innovates and State Council of Science and Technology of Jalisco (COECYTJAL) are seeking to generate economic and social benefits for both Alberta and Jalisco. This collaborative program is intended to improve opportunities for joint projects in innovative technology development, as well as commercialization activities between Alberta and Jalisco in the priority areas of Mobile, Internet of Things (Sensors), Life Sciences (E-Health & E-Agriculture), Green Technology and Renewables.
- Be a for-profit SME
- Have a physical presence in Alberta
- Be a legal entity: (i) incorporated in Alberta; or (ii) incorporated Federally or in another jurisdiction AND extra-provincially registered in Alberta; or (iii) a General Partnership, Limited Partnership or Limited Liability Partnership AND registered in Alberta
- Be an advanced technology-oriented business developing innovative new products for growing markets
- Does not have an outstanding balance or otherwise owe money to any Alberta Innovates organization, subsidiary, or partner
- Labour costs
- Costs of material
- Acquisitions of property including capital improvements to facility premises and capital equipment (but excluding land and buildings)
- Acquisitions of software or information databases
- Additional direct operating costs
- Technology transfer to the Alberta Applicant from an Alberta public sector research organization
- Costs related to travel
- Any other cost which Alberta Innovates pre-approves in writing as an Eligible Expense
Deadline: Closed for 2017 (Please note that information sessions, workshops are mandatory steps for application).
Contact: Alberta Innovates | email@example.com