Value: Maximum $30,000
The BC Sport Participation Program (BCSPP) is a sport participation funding program which is supported equally by the Province of BC and the Government of Canada, through viaSport British Columbia. The BCSPP supports province-wide projects that attract:
- Children and youth
- Women and girls
- Indigenous people
- Persons with disabilities
- Newcomers to Canada
- Socio-economically disadvantaged Canadians
- Canadians living in rural, remote and isolated regions
- Individuals that are 55+
The goal of the BCSPP is to fund organizations to support the expansion of existing sport participation programs or development of new programs that align with Canadian Sport for Life Fundamental, Learn to Train, and Active for Life stages, as well as the Awareness or First Contact stages. Programs will develop linkages with local sport service providers, clubs, and schools, to build community capacity and expand programming to attract new participants to sport and increase the number of individuals actively involved in organized sport on an ongoing basis.
Applications for eligible activities may be submitted, individually or in partnership, by:
- Provincial Sport Organizations
- Provincial Disability Sport Organizations
- Multi-regional delivery agencies that demonstrate the ability to successfully reach a significant or specific target group
Applicants based outside of British Columbia are NOT eligible to apply.
- Programming Costs
- Administration Costs
- Salary Costs
Deadline: Currently closed. Future deadline March 2018.
Contact: viaSport | firstname.lastname@example.org