Value: Maximum $75,000 every three years.
- Non-profit organizations can apply for core operating funding to a maximum of $60,000. Funding is provided on a matching basis
- A new Organizational Development funding component of up to $15,000 is available on a non-matching basis for organizations that meet core operating criteria
Community Initiatives Program (CIP) funds initiatives that enhance and enrich communities throughout Alberta. The program reinvests revenues generated from provincial lotteries to communities, empowers local citizens and community organizations to work together, and responds to local needs. CIP provides a variety of funding streams in order to address the specific or unique needs of community-based organizations.
- CIP Project-Based
- CIP Operating
- CIP International Development
- CIP Major Cultural and Sport Events
The CIP Operating grant supports core operations and capacity building for non-profit organizations. Designed to meet the unique and diverse needs of non-profit organizations, the CIP Operating stream provides two levels of funding. Eligible non-profit organizations may receive:
- Core funding, which invests in the operations and administration of an organization to further its mission, rather than specific projects
- Organizational Development funding, which supports a broad range of activities designed to strengthen the organization
- Non-profit organizations and registered charities
- A First Nation or Métis Settlement in Alberta
Core funding provides financial assistance for existing administrative, operational, and program expenses needed to conduct operations and advance the organization’s mission. Organizational Development funding supports a range of strategic, responsive, or innovative actions that strengthen the organization’s skills, capacity, and ability to deliver its mission and increase its long-term sustainability.
Deadline: January 15, 2018; May 15, 2018; September 15, 2018
Contact: Winston McConnell | 780-422-2258 | Winston.email@example.com