The Enabling Accessibility Fund is a federal Grants and Contributions program that supports capital costs of construction and renovations related to improving physical accessibility and safety for people with disabilities in Canadian communities and workplaces. From installing screen reader devices, hearing induction loop systems, automated door openers, constructing a universally designed office or retrofitting a washroom with an accessible toilet, grab bars and taps, the Enabling Accessibility Fund works to enable Canadians with disabilities to participate in their community and the economy.
The Community Accessibility Stream provides funding to eligible recipients for projects that improve accessibility in communities across Canada.
To be considered eligible for funding, projects must be directly related to removing barriers and increasing accessibility for people with disabilities in Canadian communities. All projects must also meet the specific eligibility criteria identified in calls for proposals, including support from the community.
- Not-for-profit organizations
- For-profit organizations
- Fewer than 50 employees
- Less than $5 million in gross revenue per year
- The capacity to put in some of its own money or leverage funding from other sources
- Renovating, retrofitting or constructing community facilities where programs and/or services are or will be offered to people with disabilities
- Retrofitting motor vehicles used as community-based transportation
- Providing information and communications technologies for community use
Deadline: Currently closed. Future deadline to be determined.
Contact: Government of Canada | 1-800-622-6232