The Enabling Accessibility Fund is a federal Grants and Contributions program that supports capital costs of construction and renovations related to improving physical accessibility and safety for people with disabilities in Canadian communities and workplaces. From installing screen reader devices, hearing induction loop systems, automated door openers, constructing a universally designed office or retrofitting a washroom with an accessible toilet, grab bars and taps, the Enabling Accessibility Fund works to enable Canadians with disabilities to participate in their community and the economy.
The Workplace Accessibility Stream provides funding to eligible recipients for projects that improve accessibility in workplaces across Canada.
To be considered eligible for funding, projects must be directly related to maintaining or creating job opportunities for people with disabilities. All projects must also meet the specific eligibility criteria identified in calls for proposals, including support from their community.
- Not-for-profit organizations
- For-profit organizations
- Fewer than 50 employees
- Less than $5 million in gross revenue per year
- The capacity to put in some of its own money or leverage funding from other sources
- Renovation, construction or retrofitting of buildings
- Modification of vehicles for work use
- Provision of accessible information or communication technologies for work use
Deadline:Currently closed. Future deadline to be determined.
Contact: Government of Canada | 1-800-622-6232