Value: Equivalent to 50% of the position salary for the first year of employment, up to $50,000. Additional funding: 50% of eligible moving expenses as defined by the CRA, up to a maximum of $10,000, where the HQP is relocating from outside Alberta.
The GEO-Placement Funding Program is designed to create economic value for small companies in Alberta by facilitating the engagement and employment of highly-qualified technical and business geomatics personnel. Its primary goal is to facilitate the attraction, retention and development of Highly Qualified Personnel (HQP) to support the development and commercialization of geomatics technology in Alberta. HQP is an individual with a university degree at the bachelors’ level and above. Preference will be given to applications where the candidate’s degree is at the post-graduate level (i.e. Ph.D., Masters, or MBA).
- Alberta-based small company
- For-profit geomatics technology company
- Minimum of one and no more than 50 full-time employees
- Annual sales revenue ordinarily not exceeding $5 million
- Primary business of the company must be the development and commercialization of geomatics technology
Contact: TECTERRA | 403-532-4275 | firstname.lastname@example.org