Value: $20,000 – $250,000
Global Opportunities for Associations (GOA), formerly the Program for Export Market Development – Associations (PEMD-A), provides contribution funding to support national associations undertaking new or expanded international business development activities, in strategic markets and sectors, for the benefit of an entire industry (member and non-member firms).
- Be a national association (or in some cases, a regional association with a national perspective) whose objective is to promote sector-specific international business development for its members and industry at large
- Be incorporated
- Not directly sell products that are sold by its members
Eligible activities may promote products or services, improve market access, or generate market intelligence. Three types of international business promotion activities are eligible:
- Direct contacts (such as trade shows, networking functions, meetings and market visits)
- Marketing tools (such as website development targeting foreign customers, print materials and other materials that promote integrative trade opportunities of a Canadian industry
- Research / studies (such as custom market research, market intelligence reports, and Global Value Chain studies)
Deadline: Currently closed. Projects taking place between April 1, 2018 and March 31, 2019, is scheduled to commence in fall 2017.
Contact: Trade Sectors Bureau | GOA/OMA@international.gc.ca