Agriculture Awareness Initiative aims to inform and promote the agriculture and agri-foods sector across the NWT, such as by providing information through public awareness and promotional activities to all residents about the benefits of local food production.
- NWT residents, individual agriculture producers and agri-food processors
- Non-profit societies in good standing and registered in the NWT
- Agricultural associations
- Municipal and community governments, band councils, economic development agencies, or Aboriginal organizations in the NWT
Funding is available for activities promoting agriculture awareness including, but not limited to:
- Consultant fees
- Third-party labour
- Production and publication of communication products.
- Equipment rentals
- Venues for public awareness/promotional activities
Contact Name: Northwest Territories Department of Industry, Tourism and Investment
Phone Number: (877) 821 8256