Valueup to $50,00 in funding
Small and medium sized companies may access up to $50,000 in funding to assist with international market development activities. We cover up to 50% of costs for export marketing of your products and services in international markets where you have little or no sales.
Eligible Canadian small and medium-sized enterprises must:
- be for-profit
- be an incorporated legal entity, limited liability partnership (LLP) or cooperative
- have a Canada Revenue Agency business number
- employ fewer than 500 full-time equivalent employees
- have $100,000 to $100 million in declared revenue in Canada during its past fiscal year (or 12 months for quarterly filers)
Although travel restrictions have been partially lifted, funding for activities that require physical presence in foreign countries will only be considered for activities taking place next fiscal year. These applications can be submitted when the program reopens in January 2022 for projects that will begin after April 1st, 2022.
Please see the Government of Canada’s Travel Advisories for the most recent information.
We support the following non-travel activities:
- Gathering market intelligence (custom research, reports and studies)
- Applying for intellectual property protection in international markets
- Applying for certification in international markets
- Seeking expert legal and business advice
- Search Engine Optimization
- Translating, adapting or creating marketing materials
- Attending virtual trade shows, networking functions, meetings or conferences
When travel resumes, we also support:
- Visits to foreign markets
- In-person participation at trade shows, networking functions, meetings or conferences
- Participating in a trade mission
Deadline DateThe program will begin accepting new applications at 08:00 AM EST on January 10, 2022, for projects starting next fiscal year, i.e. after April 1, 2022.
Contact Name: CanExport
Phone Number: 1-866-203-2454
E-mail Address: CanExport@international.gc.ca