The heart of Alberta Ecotrust’s work is supporting the people and projects that effectively address Alberta’s most pressing environmental issues.
The foundation accomplish this primarily by making grants to enable Alberta environmental non-governmental organizations to more effectively deliver programs, projects, and results that advance their environmental missions within the prioritized issues. Three areas of focus include;
- environment grants
- capacity building
- facilitating collaboration
Alberta Ecotrust grants enable Alberta ENGOs to more effectively deliver programs, projects and results that advance their environmental missions within the following priorities.
- Public interest charities operating in Alberta whose vision and mission primarily focus on protecting the environment
- Qualified First Nations
The following criteria must be met to be eligible for funding:
- Project must take place in Alberta
- Address one or more of our environmental priorities
- Applicants must provide additional 25% of project funding as a matching contribution
- Matching contribution can be either cash or in-kind
- Project end date is a maximum of 12 months after the start date.
Grant funds can be used for any costs deemed reasonable and directly related to the project. This includes:
- Contractor wages
- Travel and accommodations
- Existing programs that address our three environmental priorities
- Website development
- Supplies and materials
- Portion of rent, telephone, etc.
- Project-specific training
Deadline DatePlease click the link indicated below for deadline date details.
Contact Name: Alberta Ecotrust Foundation
Phone Number: 403-209-2245 or 1-800-465-2147
E-mail Address: email@example.com