Environmental Stewardship and Climate Change – Producer program is to support producers in reducing negative impacts on the environment while enhancing sustainable production, managing climate change and increasing profitability in the agriculture sector.
The objectives of the program will be on activities and practices that:
- reduce the risks to agricultural contaminants entering water
- enhance sustainable production while mitigating carbon emissions that impact air and soil quality
- help producers manage and adapt to climate change.
To be eligible to apply to the Program, a person must be either:
a) an Active Producer operating in Alberta that has a current EFP certificate or letter of completion from an EFP technician; or is currently working on an EFP and is in a position to receive and EFP certificate or letter of completion from an EFP technician before the end of the project term; or
b) a Commercial Manure Applicator that has completed a manure management training event or course after January 1, 2019; or will complete a manure management training event or course before the end of the Project Term.
- Improved Pesticide Management (301)
- Improved Nutrient Management (302)
- Plastic Rollers and Compactors (303)
- Shelterbelts and Eco-Buffers (304)
- Agricultural Input and Waste Management Strategies
- Innovative Solutions (401)