ValueUp to 50% of eligible project value, up to $15,000.
Heritage Awareness grants provide funding to various forms of initiatives that preserve, interpret, promote awareness, produce new understanding or add to the knowledge base of the Alberta’s history.
- Individuals that reside in Alberta or have a permanent Alberta address
- Non-profit organizations
- Schools and other educational institutions
- First Nations and Métis Settlements
- Design, fabrication and installation of heritage markers, plaques, cairns, monuments, interpretive displays
- Production of multimedia or participatory projects that will promote awareness of Alberta’s history, such as historical videos, broadcasts, walking tours, plays and heritage component of websites
- Delivery of public educational programs that will increase knowledge and understanding of Alberta’s history
- Professional development opportunities within the field of heritage preservation such as attendance at workshops, seminars or conferences relating to the preservation and interpretation of historic, archaeological or palaeontological resources
- Projects that encourage public involvement in heritage preservation issues and promote knowledge about Alberta’s history such as the organization and presentation of local or provincial workshops, seminars, conferences or lectures
- Costs associated with cultural protocol such as gifting to Elders and knowledge keepers and organizing sharing circles will be considered at standard Government of Alberta rates
Deadline DateApplication deadlines are the first working day of February and September.
Contact Name: Carina Naranjilla
Phone Number: 780-431-2305
E-mail Address: email@example.com