Valuefree workshop and training
Municipal Natural Assets Initiative (MNAI) invites local governments to submit an expression of interest to develop a high-level natural asset management roadmap that will get them started on integrating natural asset management considerations into their overall asset management practices.
- All Canadian local governments are eligible to participate.
- Minimum three staff per participating local government.
- Local elected officials are welcome to participate.
- Very small local governments can include two staff and one local elected official.
- Staff participating should be cross-functional, ideally including a finance official or senior administrator, public works or engineering staff, environmental sustainability or planning staff.
This roadmap development exercise involves some cohort learning among municipal peers and one-on-one capacity building with each local government. It will consist of:
- A one-hour natural asset management 101 workshop involving participants from up to 10 local governments.
- A 2.5-hour workshop with each participating local government to help them develop their roadmap.
- A roadmap template that each local government will complete.
- Coaching to prioritize roadmap objectives and guidance on how to begin.
- A one-hour cohort learning workshop to share results and lessons from the roadmaps.
- Certificate of completion of a Natural Asset Management Roadmap for each local government that includes the names of all participants.
Contact Name: Municipal Climate Change Action Centre (MCCAC) Natural Asset Management Roadmap Development Project
E-mail Address: email@example.com