Value: The maximum matching grants per application per year are $100,000 (Provincial), $50,000 (Municipal), and $5,000 (Local). Funding up to a maximum grant of $25,000 is available for architectural and/or engineering services, studies, reports or plans associated with the conservation of a historic place. Matching grants are awarded up to 50% of eligible costs.
Historic Resource Conservation grants provide project funding for conservation of Alberta’s historic places or architectural and/or engineering services, studies, reports or plans associated with the conservation of the historic place.
- The application must include contractor’s estimates for proposed work
- Only one application for conservation and one application for architectural and engineering services, study or report per historic resource per calendar year will be accepted
- Completed work must comply with the Standards and Guidelines for the Conservation of Historic Places in Canadaand approved by a Heritage Conservation Adviser
Funding is determined based on a number of factors including but not limited to:
- The size or scale of the historic place
- Scope of the project
- Conservation priorities
- Grant program’s budget
- February 1 (funding decision in June or July)
- September 1 (funding decision in December or January)
Contact: Carina Naranjilla | 780-431-2305 | email@example.com