ValueMaximum of 50% assistance to a maximum of $20,000 per project
The Advancing Innovative Technologies Initiative supports the adoption of new technologies, processes or specialized equipment. Eligible projects should improve farm and industry competitiveness, productivity and profitability.
Farms and industry associations can apply.
To apply as a farm, you must:
- have a current Farm Registration
- be at least 19 years of age
- report your farming income and expenses and show gross commodity income of at least $30,000
To apply as an industry association, you must:
- represent identifiable Nova Scotia agriculture and agri-food products
- be a non-profit organization
- Adoption of New Technologies / Equipment – financial support will be provided to assist with projects that focus on the adoption of new/innovative technologies (i.e. equipment). Adoption of technologies in Nova Scotia that increase productivity, efficiency, and reduce labour are eligible, and require a strong business case when applying. Technology/knowledge for this project should be shared with industry where possible.
- Adoption of New on Farm Processes, Practices and Techniques – financial support will be provided to assist with projects that focus on the adoption of new/ innovative on farm processes, practices and techniques. Technology/knowledge for this project should be shared
with industry where possible.
- Eligible expenses include:
- direct project costs;
- contracted labour / consultants / professional fees / training;
- materials / supplies / rentals;
- specialized equipment / shipping / installation;
- transfer of knowledge / sharing of information activities; and
- HST for qualifying not-for-profit organizations.
Deadline DateApril 1, 2020
Contact Name: Agriculture – Programs and Business Risk Management Division
Phone Number: 902 893-6377
E-mail Address: email@example.com