AgriStability helps stabilize farm income by managing the risk of large income declines. It protects agricultural producers against declines in their net farming income due to market conditions, production loss or increased costs of production.
- Have income from the primary production of agricultural commodities
- Have carried on the business of farming in Canada and reported farming income (or loss) for income tax purposes
- Have completed a minimum of six consecutive months farming activity
- Have completed a production cycle that includes one or more of the following:
- The growing and harvesting of a crop
- The process of rearing livestock
- The purchase and sale of livestock within a program year in the case of feeding or finishing enterprises
Payments are made if a producer’s current year margin falls more than 30% below their reference margin.
Deadline DateJuly 3, 2020
Contact Name: Agristability Administration
Phone Number: 1-877-343-2767
E-mail Address: AgriStability@gov.bc.ca