Value75% funding assistance on total eligible project costs to a maximum of $10,000 per program year
The Bee Biosecurity program assists beekeepers with the costs of best management practices that improve honey bee health through pest monitoring and elimination of accumulated pathogens and pesticide residues in wax combs.
Nova Scotia Beekeeper:
- currently and properly registered in the correct income category under the Farm Registration Act;
- currently registered under the Bee Industry Act;
- minimum of 10 hives registered in 2019;
- is a Nova Scotia resident; and
- is at least 19 years of age and actively farming in the program year.
- Hive health
- Pest monitoring
- Disease monitoring