ValueEmployers are eligible to apply for up to $10,000 for each individual employee or prospective employee to assist with direct training costs. Manitoba’s contribution will not exceed $100,000.
The Canada-Manitoba Job Grant is an employer-driven training support program that assists employers to obtain skilled labour to meet their needs and helps Manitobans gain the skills they need to fill available jobs.
Eligible Applicants: Employers that receive funding under the Canada-Manitoba Job Grant must contribute a minimum of one-third of the eligible training costs. With the maximum government contribution of $10,000, this means that up to $15,000 is available, per person, for eligible training costs.
- unemployed and seeking training to get a job
- working, but underemployed and seeking training to get a better job
- employed, but looking to train for a better job
- employed, but seeking training to enhance their skills in an existing job
- Training participants must be individuals working in Manitoba who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents. Training of temporary foreign workers is not eligible.
Eligible training costs include:
- tuition fees or fees charged by a training provider
- mandatory student fees
- textbooks, software and other required materials
- examination fees
- travel costs for individuals residing in northern and remote communities to attend training events in Manitoba delivered outside their communities or unavailable online
Eligible Training Programs:
Training can be delivered at the workplace, online or in a classroom or training facility and must be provided by an approved third-party trainer. This could include: post-secondary institutions, private vocational institutions , sector councils or industry associations, union halls
Employers may propose other organizations for consideration to deliver the training. Examples include equipment manufacturers, software developers and private trainers (consultants) if they have:
- applicable curriculum available or curriculum development expertise
- specialized equipment and materials required for training
- qualified trainers (credentials and/or experience)
Contact Name: Manitoba Government
Phone Number: 204-945-3744
E-mail Address: email@example.com