Carbon Capture, Utilization and Sequestration (CCUS) and Hydrogen is positioned to reduce emissions, diversify Alberta’s economy, and enable technologies that facilitate other clean technology focus areas. Specifically, CCUS and Hydrogen contributes to the decarbonization of energy systems, creates new end-use products, and achieves emissions reductions targets and net-zero goals.
This program is open to researchers, innovators, small and medium sized enterprises, large companies and others who are seeking funding, expertise and/or sector leadership to advance technology development from TRL 3 – 7.
- Carbon Capture, Utilization and Sequestration
- Alberta Innovates is focused on advancing next-generation innovative solutions along the CCUS value chain that enable broad deployment of CCUS to help meet emission reduction targets cost-effectively. The scope covers capture, transport, storage, utilization and direct air removal technologies.
- Alberta Innovates published a Carbon Capture, Utilization and Storage (CCUS) White Paper focusing on technology innovation required for broad commercial-scale deployment of CCUS in Alberta.
- Alberta Innovates is focused on enabling the development of low carbon hydrogen technologies to support market growth in Alberta. This includes technologies along the entire value chain – including production, transportation, storage and end use. Priority will be given to hydrogen technologies that address key markets of mobility, power generation, residential and commercial heating, industry and exports. Alberta Innovates hosts the Hydrogen Centre of Excellence which will help Alberta Innovates to drive the development of a hydrogen economy in Alberta.
- Natural Gas Value Ad
- Alberta Innovates is focused on producing next-generation high-tech materials and products from its abundant natural gas resources that enable participation in the ‘green economy’. These solutions could include the production of carbon-based materials and other petrochemical processes that serve a variety of sectors in Alberta and internationally, including cement, steel, building materials, consumer products, transportation and others.
Contact Name: Ericka Rios Manager, Clean Technology - Clean Resources
Phone Number: 403-990-0904 (cell)
E-mail Address: email@example.com