The Community Food Security and Agriculture Awareness Program will support community-led education programs and outreach activities that will result in local market expansion and improved community food security, i.e. raise the profile of PEI agriculture, increase access to affordable local food, or improve health and food safety.
Funding is offered through two sub-programs:
- Community Food Security Sub-Program: Registered not-for-profit groups, Mi’kmaq First Nations and other Indigenous groups may apply.
- Agriculture Awareness Sub-Program: The above groups as well as agriculture producers, agriculture industry organizations, agri-businesses and agri-processors may apply.
Community Food Security Sub-Program:
- Implementing food literacy training for foodservices and/or procurement staff;
- Developing a sustainable seasonal lunch menu for schools or early childhood centres that uses primarily local ingredients;
- Hosting a vendor fair to facilitate connections between food services operators and domestic food suppliers/producers;
- Identifying and implementing changes to current menu portals that support procurement of locally-sourced food; and
- Developing and piloting food literacy workshops or course modules that are tailored for one or more of the targeted participants groups.
Agriculture Awareness Sub-Program:
- Development and coordination of promotional events and campaigns, programming, and training activities that increase agriculture awareness, education and literacy; and
- Activities linking industry with schools and the general public in an effort to promote agriculture.
Deadline DatePlease click the link indicated below for update.
Contact Name: PEI Department of Agriculture and Land
Phone Number: (902) 368-4880
E-mail Address: CFSAA@gov.pe.ca