The Conservation Land Tax Incentive Program recognizes, encourages and supports the long-term private stewardship of Ontario’s provincially important natural areas. Under the Conservation Land Tax Incentive Program, portions of your property that have eligible natural heritage features may qualify for a 100% property tax exemption.
- The natural heritage features eligible types of land are:
- provincially significant areas of natural and scientific interest (lands with significant geological and biological features) that have been approved by the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry as provincially significant
- Niagara Escarpment Natural Areas within the designation “Escarpment Natural Area” in the Niagara Escarpment Plan
- habitats of endangered species, where specific guidelines for the Conservation Land Tax Incentive Program have been developed by the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry
- provincially significant wetlands approved by the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry as provincially significant
- Community Conservation Lands (restricted to non-profit charitable conservation organizations and conservation authorities)