Employability Assistance for People with Disabilities (EAPD) offers a wide range of employment focused services to assist adults with disabilities in preparing for, obtaining and maintaining employment.
- A resident of Manitoba with a mental, psychiatric, learning or physical disability
- 16 years of age or older
- Legally entitled to work in Manitoba and show a willingness to prepare for, obtain and maintain employment
- Vocational Counselling: A Vocational Counsellor will assist in exploring vocational goals based on the individual’s interests, abilities and skills.
- Assessment: Specialized vocational assessments may be used to assist in identifying appropriate employment options and supports.
- Vocational Planning: Planning is done on an individual basis to address each person’s unique training or employment support needs. It may involve a single service, or a multi-year training plan that includes a variety of supports.
- Vocational Training: Vocational training may include specific job development and/or post-secondary or other adult education courses.
- Support Services: Support services may be provided to accommodate disability-related barriers to employment and may include supported employment, disability-related education expenses, sign language interpreting, provision of technical equipment, or building or vehicle modifications.
- Direct Employment Services: These services may include job search, resume preparation, establishment of contacts with job placement agencies, job referral, training-on-the-job, and supports required to obtain or maintain employment.